Monday, April 28, 2008

Post #100: Things you will never see on my blog

Seven months ago today, on September 28, 2007, rhymeswithplague was born and this blog began. And now I am posting my one hundredth post. Unbelievable! Still going strong! Who woulda thunk? Actually, it isn't such a phenomenal feat. One hundred posts in 214 days is an average of just under one post every other day. Some bloggers post to their blogs several times a day, until their lives become all blog, all the time, like the History Channel and Hitler. My blog is small potatoes compared to theirs.

But today I make you a pledge, a promise. On my blog, you will never see anything about the following:

• The World Wrestling Federation or its cousin, the WWE.
• Ted Turner and Jane Fonda.
• Angelina Jolie.
• NASCAR racing.
• Beer (which looks, and probably tastes, like it has already been through the horse).
• Madonna.
• Rosie O'Donnell.
• Dancing With The Stars (not because I'm against dancing, I'm just against that kind of dancing).
• Tractor pulls.
• Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa.
• The Beijing Olympics.
• Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, or John McCain.
• Moto-cross racing.
• Pimp My Ride.
• Chewing tobacco.
• The Bachelor.
• Desperate Housewives.
• Butter beans.

I realize this will cramp my style considerably, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

If you have a list of your own of things you never want to see on this blog, tell me about them in a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

<b> More random thoughts</b>

As the saying goes, De gustibus non est disputandum unless you prefer De gustibus non disputandum est . Latin purists do. Do what? you a...