Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Back-from-Alabama, post-Bastille-Day thoughts

Home again, home again, jiggedy-jig. Ate a breakfast of pancackes and sausage cooked by our daughter; bought gasoline in northeast Alabama for $3.89 a gallon (name brand, too); spent nearly four hours driving through beautiful farm country with green hills for a backdrop, punctuated by an occasional herd of cattle or a shimmering lake; picked up Jethro from his favorite doggie dude ranch; unpacked the car; retrieved the mail from the neighbor across the street; waved to a neighbor from two blocks down the hill as he flew past on his green motorcycle and honked; dumped 1.7 inches of liquid sunshine out of the backyard rain gauge; spent some time catching up on my reading of other people’s blogs; played a game of Scrabble with Ellie.

God’s in His heaven, all’s right with the world.

Today is St. Swithin’s Day and I don’t even care.

Tomorrow could be an altogether different experience. Carpe diem, that’s the ticket!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Gasoline price at the "cheap" place is $4.03 for regular today. I am SO glad I'm retired and don't have to drive to work every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, and I don't know anything about St. Swithun's day. I guess I'll have to go to Wikipedia.

    Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...