Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Okay, I finally got it


No, not the swine flu. What some of the comments on my last two posts have been about. These:


I may be a little slow on the uptake at times, but I finally got it. It’s not about rhinos. It’s about RINOs. I should probably watch television a little more or read more weekly news magazines or pay attention to the general goings-on a little more closely.

RINO is a political term that people like this man call this man because he (the latter) voted for this man instead of for this man.

Republican In Name Only.

But does that tidbit from the great stew of American political minutiae have anything to do with my post about the 2008 Democratic primary in Florida? No, it does not.

So thank you, Dr. John. You had flurrious and Carolina in Nederland and Rosezilla and a few others thinking I’m writing a book about rhinoceroses. Rhinoceri. Any of several large, thick-skinned, perissodactyl mammals of the family Rhinocerotidae, of Africa and India, having one or two upright horns on the snout. Whatever. For the record, I’m not. Not now. Not ever.

Wait. Maybe Dr. John meant something else. I guess I’m still confused.

3 comments:

  1. I like reading your blog!! Well written!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are only commenting to let you know that we've read your post and to say hello. :-)

    frankly, you leave us speechless at times.

    c'ya later,

    ..
    .ero

    ReplyDelete

<b> More random thoughts</b>

As the saying goes, De gustibus non est disputandum unless you prefer De gustibus non disputandum est . Latin purists do. Do what? you a...