Sunday, September 5, 2010

And on the seventh day, God rested.

...or perhaps you think this happened by chance.

There is a story from the early days of space exploration about a Soviet cosmonaut who returned from several orbits around the earth in a space capsule and announced that he had not seen God at any time during his trip. A young girl in the audience rose and said, “Sir, then you must not have a pure heart, because Jesus said, ‘Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.’”

I don’t mean to be intentionally provocative (well, okay, maybe I do a little), but that’s kind of the way I feel after watching the video at the top of this post.

If you disagree, you probably also are expecting that roomful of monkeys with typewriters to be completing the Encyclopedia Britannica any day now.

5 comments:

  1. It is a wonderful video. It paints a lovely picture of our world.

    But what if the video only had images of children starving, people and animals drowning in floods, lions killing antilopes...

    I don't believe. And I don't believe in a room full of monkeys with typewriters either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, that was gorgeous. (I really liked the zebra-striped octopus-like fish thingy!)

    God created all the beauty. We brought all the ugliness through our sin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice video - but I'll stick with Stephen Hawking (and the monkeys)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, you mean the great scientist Stephen Hawking who believes that the universe created itself out of gravity? The gravity that existed without mass? That scientist? He's got a lot of faith, I'll give you that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful video and music. Balm for my soul. Thank you, RWP.

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...