Friday, May 27, 2011

As Gomer Pyle used to say...

“Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!”

You’ll never guess who attended the wedding rehearsal this afternoon. (You do remember that I had to go to a wedding rehearsal, don’t you? I told you in the previous post that the groom is 82 and the bride is 80, their names are Andy and Ann, their last name is not Raggedy, and the wedding will take place tomorrow.)

Well, the bride and groom were there, of course, and the attendants and the minister and the singer and the accompanist (me), but there was someone else.

Give up?

THE BRIDE’S MOTHER!!!

I am not making this up.

As Gomer Pyle also used to say, “Gah-ah-ah-LEE!”

I think that says it all.

8 comments:

  1. They must have been Southerners. We Southern mothers would never miss a wedding - even when we're 102, bless our little hearts, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is both amazing and wonderful! Thank you for your comments on my page I've said it before and I'll say it again you always make me smile and often laugh out loud! I love your sense of humour and your blog and always look forward to new posts! I think we are indeed kindred spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What medicine have these people been on? Please send me some. I wanna live forever too.
    VERIFICATION WORD IS: - medic (And I am not making that up!) They may need one on the wedding night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone, for commenting. Glenda, you made me laugh. Pat, you made me proud. Emma, you made me blush. Yorkshire Pudding, you made me think.

    I read recently that the second-oldest person in the world, a woman of 114, lives here in Georgia. It did not appear from her picture in the paper that she has been kicking up her heels recently, though. Maybe living forever (in the flesh) is not all it's cracked up to be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic...God bless all...and may the bride and groom enjoy their time together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, either she was about four when she had her daughter, which is highly unlikely, or she's about 100 now. I have an aunt who's 102, or 103, I lost count somewhere, and she does have daughters in the same age as Ann and Andy and granddaughters who are around 60 years old. It is a strange thought isn't it?

    I think it's wonderful that Ann and Andy are getting married.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Theanne (and Baron) and also Carolina, how gratifying to know that all of us are so flabbergasted (American for gobsmacked)!

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...