Wednesday, July 11, 2012

It was a tough fight, ma, but I made it.


This is my 1000th post. It took me only two months shy of five years to arrive at this milestone.

Here is the view from the top of Mount Everest. The photo was taken by Barry Bishop, an American mountain climber, in 1963:


Barry Bishop wasn't the first to scale Mount Everest. That feat was accomplished ten years earlier by Sir Edmund Hillary and his Sherpa guide, Tenzing Norgay. Barry wasn’t the first, and he wouldn’t be the last. Still, being on top of the world felt good.

Today I know exactly how Barry felt.

Okay, maybe not exactly.

As Scarlett O’Hara once said, however, “Tomorrow is another day.”

Okay, she was a fictional character. I get that.

Please don’t rain on my parade just yet, because being on Cloud Nine is a rare experience. Let me enjoy it while I can.

The descent will begin soon enough.

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations, that's quite an achievement.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok i will let you glory bask wallow in your deckedant accomplishment< honestly i couldn't have done it<><>there i have said it<><>of course you had the support of your good wife

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation rhymes! Wonderful stuff, keep at it, you are an excellent blogger x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great big Congratulations! And here's to a 1000 more!

    I feel truly blessed to have found your blog and though I may not always comment, I have enjoyed every post! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS Robert. Are you going to have a competition? A giveaway? At least, a shout? (A kiwisim - look it up)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Katherine, just a quiet observance at this end, no competition or giveaway. Regarding a shout, which I can now differentiate from a shout out, you may have a celebratory shout in my absence -- at your own expense, of course. Just as soon as I get to New Zealand, I will reimburse you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Katherine, just a quiet observance at this end, no competition or giveaway. Regarding a shout, which I can now differentiate from a shout out, you may have a celebratory shout in my absence -- at your own expense, of course. Just as soon as I get to New Zealand, I will reimburse you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a small glass of Stone's Green Ginger WIne to you. Looking forward to seeing you and Ellie soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hereby apologize to all you nice people who left congratulatory comments on this post that I never responded to. A thousand pardons. I do appreciate your good wishes, Helsie, Putz, All Consuming, and Emma. It's fifty lashes with a wet noodle for me.

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...