Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Double your pleasure, double your fun

A Feedjit day is different from an ordinary day. An ordinary day begins at 12:00:01 a.m. and doesn’t end until the little hand makes two complete revolutions and the final seconds tick off: 11:59:58 p.m., 11:59:59 p.m., 12:00 midnight [Note to youngsters. Revolutions and hands are words that used to be identified with clocks before digital clocks were invented way back before you were even born. --RWP].
A Feedjit day starts around 8 or 9 p.m. where I live and lasts 24 hours until the same time tomorrow night. This strange way of doing things explains why Feedjit’s little charts of page views always appear to be a day off.

Anyway, you can imagine my excitement when I discovered that my blog’s page views per day skyrocketed took a quantum leap forward suddenly doubled on the Feedjit day that began shortly after I published the post about Laura Ingalls Wilder on the evening of September 1st and was called September 1st even though it lasted until the evening of September 2nd. Here’s the chart:


And although the page views declined a bit on September 2nd (which ended just a little while ago on the evening of September 3rd), they were still well above what their levels were before I mentioned Laura Ingalls Wilder:


I’m mighty pleased with this turn of events, and it’s all due to you wonderful people out there in the dark my readers. I mean, it’s completely beyond my control, of course. Or maybe not. Perhaps I should write more posts about a certain G-rated, family-friendly television program of yesteryear that featured child actors Melissa Gilbert and Melissa Sue Anderson, who played you-know-who and you-know-who’s sister Mary, respectively.

In fact, I’m so happy I feel like chewing a stick of gum.

4 comments:

  1. My goodness you get a lot of views a day. You are obviously doing something very right already...

    ReplyDelete
  2. RWP, you did not mention that your previous two posts were about politics and religion .. Two conversational taboo topics. I reckon if you go for the third taboo topic you will outdo your LH statistics.

    I am actually working on an algorithm to calculate the ratio of number of comments per page view to work out which are the best posts.

    I need to get out more :) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that Doublemint sidetrack - me, I like Wrigley's EXTRA, a peppermint, sugarfree gum which comes in pellets, not sticks. In fact, I reached out for one to aid my concentration while typing this comment. Who says adverts don't work?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. MESSAGE TO USA E-COMMUNICATIONS MONITORING SERVICE > Laura Ingalls Wilder is an alert code from the former Soviet Union. If you wish to interview the owner of this blog I have an aerial picture of his property which I will forward to you on receipt of the usual informant's fee.
    THE CUCKOO SINGS AT MIDNIGHT.
    Over.

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...