Monday, January 6, 2014

No, I do not have OCD. Why do you ask?

Mr. R. L. Anderson, our Senior Class sponsor back in 1958, used to say, “He that tooteth not his own horn, his own horn getteth not tooted.”

Words to live by.

Accordingly, before the year 2013 fades into oblivion/obscurity/ history (pick one), I want to share some rhymeswithplague blog statistics with my readers.

In 2013 I wrote 194 posts on this blog, a rate that is almost one post every two days. Specifically, I blogged at the rate of one post every 1.8814432989690721649484536082474 days (thank you, trusty calculator).

Of those 194 posts, the 10 most-viewed ones are listed below. [Editor’s note. I do not claim that these are my 10 best posts of 2013, only that they are the most-viewed ones. This may have more to do with their labels than their content, but still. --RWP]

1. Quote of the day (and maybe week/month/year) (May 14th -- 1184 views)

2. If you have something in the middle of a whole lot of nothing, what have you got? (Sep. 20th -- 440 views)

3. Maybe Nellie Olsen was really a sweet girl (Sep. 1st -- 285 views)

4. We’re not quite done yet (Jan. 5th -- 281 views)

5. What goes around, comes around (Feb. 26th -- 223 views)

6. I think I felt the earth move (Sep. 4th -- 218 views)

7. Like sand through the hourglass, so are the days of our lives, or Thoughts On My Seventy-second Birthday (Mar. 18th -- 216 views)

8. Introducing Mr. Roy G. Biv (Aug. 10th -- 195 views)

9.
“Every painting is a voyage into a sacred harbour.” --Giotto di Bondone (1266-1337) (Nov. 12th -- 190 views)

10. 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, May 19 (May 17th -- 183 views)

I realize that these numbers may be miniscule in comparison to what first-tier bloggers might report. Still, they are my numbers and are shared here in the spirit of camaraderie.

My next post will contain even more information gleaned from Blogger about this blog.

I know. You can hardly wait.

4 comments:

  1. Who has verified these statistics? Proof! We need proof! "Lies, damned lies, and statistics!"...I look forward to further statistical outpourings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a MUCH more diligent blogger than I am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your support, Yorkshire Pudding and Elephant's Child. According to Ye Olde Blogmeister a few seconds ago, this post has two comments and has had 19 views.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toot away say I. You've had me look at my own stats, and it has led me to change the title of one or two past posts which seem to garner far too much interest for my liking! Ha! It's nice knowing people are looking and reading you isn't it? I'd like more specific info really, now I look into it, but that's the curious cat in me methinks *smiles. Carry on with the good work good sir.

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...