Thursday, July 17, 2014

The days dwindle down to a precious few

I would like to blog more often, really I would, because I thoroughly enjoy reading your comments. However, this year my rate of posting has dropped off significantly from former years. I really have no explanation for it, other than that the perpetual motion machine that is moi is finally beginning to slow down. Eventually it will come to a stop, and then there will be no more scintillating posts emanating from this address.

In 2012, one of my more prolific years, my output (in terms of blogposts) for the first seven months of the year was:

January 2012 - 24
February 2012 - 18
March 2012 - 16
April 2012 - 20
May 2012 - 17
June 2012 - 17
July 2012 - 15

but 2014 looks like this so far:

January 2014 - 10
February 2014 - 6
March 2014 - 12
April 2014 - 8
May 2014 - 8
June 2014 - 9
July 2014 - 5

so, in anybody’s book, there has been a definite and observable reining-in of rhymeswithplague gray matter.

Perhaps I shall go the way of the dodo bird and the passenger pigeon. If you don’t fancy extinct birds, knock yourself out looking at the pictures in this list of extinct mammals.

[Editor’s note: In the preceding paragraph, the word “perhaps” is not needed. --RWP]

I hope we as a species will be around for a long time yet, but my own individual participation in this great experiment known as Life On Earth has only a few years left, at best.

As the French say, “C’est dommage.” (It’s a pity.)

6 comments:

  1. Feeling a little sorry for ourself today, are we? I know the feeling.

    Anyway, the way I see it, we're not getting paid for this, so we post when we want to and don't post when we don't want to, and you probably have a few years left before you're too far gone to post at all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do what is right for you. I rarely manage more than two posts a week (and often less). I thoroughly enjoy reading the snippets from other people's heads and lives though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tough to know, sometimes, when we should try harder, and when we should stop trying. I guess the best thing you can do is, "speak when you have something to say". We look forward to whenever those days are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If your blogposts continue to dwindle with increasing age, we will probably end up reading your very last post and it will go something like this:- "I...I...ahhh. Gaaa-gaaa goo-gooo...I..RWP. Gaaaa...Oh Mansfield! Urrrgh! Ellie! Water! Ahhh...So long!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quality not quantity dear.

    *smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounding a little down there today RWP. Lots of us are less productive this year... inspiration just drying up a little as the major rhythms of our lives seems a tad repetitive and we do the same things at the same times each year.

    ReplyDelete

<b>Always true to you, darlin’, in my fashion</b>

We are bombarded daily by abbreviations in everyday life, abbreviations that are never explained, only assumed to be understood by everyone...