Monday, August 25, 2014

Inquiring minds want to know: How green was my valley?

Thanks to (a) John F. Kemeny, the 35th President of the U.S.A., (b) Yorkshire Pudding, the most pixilated pixie ever, (c) the wonderful internet, and (d) the comments section of my last post, I have now been made aware of the Brague National Park in the Côte d’Azur region of southeastern France. I already knew about the Brague winery and the Brague River, but to learn of a national park is, how do you say, an extra added bonus (an uber-redundancy if there ever was one) .

And not only that, I have also just learned that the Brague River includes the Brague Valley River Walk. Take time to read the charming description of its loveliness by someone whose first language was definitely not English. If you ever go there, remember to “walk downhill progressively until the river of which the path goes along the left edge of the river” and to “enjoy numerous landscapes and cool areas” and to ”follow the way, passby the House of the nature. Take left the track, and the road which leads to Valbonne by the Graveyard”.

Leaving aside the fact that anywhere Yorkshire Pudding is would be, by definition, a cool area, I think one should always walk uphill conservatively and downhill progressively. Unless it’s the other way round. I can never keep that straight.

I am also confused as to whether it is “Feed a cold, starve a fever” or “Starve a cold, feed a fever” and I would appreciate any help I can get from you wonderful people out there in the dark a reliable source.

Because a lot of what you can find on the internet isn’t true, especially if it’s in Wikipedia.

Most of all, I think Yorkshire Pudding should print down a copy of the directions for the Brague Valley River Walk (9.8km, 3 hrs) and hie himself, camera in tow, off to that particular Gallic hinterland, and then publish a blogpost that would highlight for all of us some of those numerous landscapes and cool areas.

Don’t you agree?

3 comments:

  1. Trouble is that walk is a long way from my brother's place. Another hindering factor is I am not fond of the French. However, if you send me the cost of the airfare to Nice or Cannes I shall be happy to undertake that walk for you - snapping photographic evidence along the way. The Brague River Walk will be like a metaphor of your life - sometimes rugged, sometimes beautiful, sometimes easy-going with bits of litter strewn here and there and sunny glades to rest in with attentive wood nymphs as the silver stream of life continuously babbles down to the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh.
    Small, small world.
    And the walk sound blissful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not know the Brague Valley – it looks very scenic. I did go to Biot a couple of time and that is a quaint town with nice little shops. I bought several pepper mills and spice mills there made of olive wood. Thanks for mentioning my blog a while back.

    ReplyDelete

<b> More random thoughts</b>

As the saying goes, De gustibus non est disputandum unless you prefer De gustibus non disputandum est . Latin purists do. Do what? you a...